Sunday, October 08, 2006

Weekends Aren't Long Enough

Friday night, hoping to come home from work and relax and watch Stargate, I learned that the to be continued episode I watched 2 weeks ago was the last for this season - the 2nd half of the season doesn't start until March. And then it's over, for good.
So we ate gyozas and re-watched the episode from 2 weeks ago.

Saturday morning, we did our civic duty and canvassed for a couple hours for Charles Lee, who is running for state representative and actually has a good chance of winning. When they did re-districting a few years ago, they sort of sacrificed Newberg to the Republicans by sticking us in the district with St. Paul and Keizer. I think they figured without Newberg, McMinnville might actually be able to elect a Democrat. (Which they probably will this time, because the guy who is running is very good.)

But ha ha ha. The Republican candidate from our area is so completely lame, and has such a horrendous voting record from last session, that Lee will probably win. He has a lot of bi-partisan support.

Saturday afternoon we cleaned house a little and went to Sears to buy a new vacuum cleaner. We also went to Sherwin & Williams to look at their acid stain product for cement. Thinking if we use a blue acid stain, we might end up with a purplish color.

We also gave the cat a bath, to try to help her with her fleas. We can't use the insecticide stuff on her because of her FIV disease, and herbal stuff isn't good for cats either. She was amazingly soft and fluffy after her bath. She is always so dusty, we forgot how nice she could be when she is clean! She really didn't even mind the bath, either.

Today, Rich is polishing countertops










and I am planting seeds.

Lettuce, spinach, fava beans, and lots of flowers. I think now is the time to plant flower seeds and let them sit all winter outside just like they would do if they planted themselves. We'll see. I'm trying a lot of Lota's seeds and some of mine. And using up what I hope is the last of the tomatoes to make one last batch of tomato sauce....



And it is 5:00 Sunday and there is still so much to do... I wish I was traveling in South America instead!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Republicans are kinda like the Pharasees:Mark 3

1 He entered again into the synagogue, and there was a man there who had his hand withered.

2 They watched him, whether he would heal him on the Sabbath day, that they might accuse him.

Uh, oh. There I go crying again.

Anonymous said...

Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank Thee that I am not like other men--extortionists, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess'. But the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. (Luke 18.10-14)