Sunday, September 17, 2006

Española New Mexico




We are in New Mexico for Matt & Tammy's wedding, which was last night and lovely. Spent today hanging out at Mike & Joannie's and then a wonderful dinner at Rancho di Chimayo. Tomorrow all day in Santa Fe. Buying tile for the kitchen.

The weather is absolutely perfect. There has been lots of rain this year, so everything is very green. Joannie's garden is beautiful. We went for a walk today up to what Mary calls the sand castles. I don't even have a picture of them - i'll take one tomorrow. This is Mike and Joannie in their back yard, a cactus, and the house from down below.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

With winter on the way here--the wolf at the door, as it were, Estoy muy celoso de su viaje a nuevo méxico and indeed am jealous of the way you people in the lower 48 can just jump in your cars and toodle on down the road to another state or even to another country. It ain't fair. Cuando usted sabe, nosotros en Alaska no podemos ir dondequiera sin volar and believe me, flying really makes our arms tired. I've tried the traditional broom but evidently it was the wrong kind. I didn't even get off the ground. In fact I tripped and the chingaderra broomstick went right up where the sun don't shine. The orifice in which Bush keeps his reptile brain. Usted tipos tienen todo el material ordenado y nosotros somos atascados con el hielo y la nieve. I want to lie in the sun. I axe you, izzat too much to axe? Izzat too much? ¡Jódame! ¡Y la Chinga! Chinga our limited travel opportunities. ¡Y la Chinga!

Joni said...

TTS, I'm thinkin' you need to be thinkin' about movin'!

Anonymous said...

I'm workin' on my Hmong:

http://ww2.saturn.stpaul.k12.mn.us/hmong/sathmong.html

Anonymous said...

I wanna see pics of them tiles.